maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Maven recover from OutOfMemoryErrors during JUnit test runs?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 20:05:14 GMT
Generally, "no"  - we do not recover from memory leaks.

The specific memory leak you're referring to here is actually one of the
well-known jdk memory leaks. I've seen this solved
in tomcat with 'tokenPollerProtection'. Surefire will have the same kind of
leak
if you're using forkmode=never; we don't have the kind of protection tomcat
has (and probably
don't need it!)

Any other forkmode should be immune from this problem, apart from what can
leak inside the
fork itself. Also remember to tweak memory settings with either MAVEN_OPTS
or within the
forked process by <argLine>-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m</argLine>

Kristian