maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Sundberg <...@kth.se>
Subject org.codehaus.mojo:versions-maven-plugin:2.0:update-properties
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 13:19:07 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to use the plugin versions-maven-plugin to update some
properties. I have properties that refers to version for a dependency.
It works well for artifacts in Nexus that was deployed from Maven.
Unfortunately, we have some artifacts that consist of zip files and
has been generated from an Ant build.

The referred artifacts are downloaded properly when I set the version
manually and then build my project. However, if I use the
org.codehaus.mojo:versions-maven-plugin:2.0:update-properties then it
only detects changed properties for artifacts deployed from Maven
projects.

An example of a property I want to have updated may be
<foo>1.15.0.17</foo> and the version number I want to have inserted
could be 1.15.0.18

Our version number come in some kind of logical order, we have a
strict increasing number system.

My question is, does anybody know how an updated version is located by
the version plugin? It seems to me that it doesn't just look at all
versions for an artifact and then uses the largest number.

Any hints?
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg