maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Sundberg <...@kth.se>
Subject Re: org.codehaus.mojo:versions-maven-plugin:2.0:update-properties
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 19:28:35 GMT
On 8 May 2013 21:13, Wayne Fay <waynefay@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It works well for artifacts in Nexus that was deployed from Maven.
>> Unfortunately, we have some artifacts that consist of zip files and
>> has been generated from an Ant build.
>
> I assume the plugin queries your MRM and looks at the versions in
> maven-metadata.xml. How are the zip files being deployed to your MRM?
> Or are they just installed locally in ~/.m2, or what?

The files are uploaded to the Nexus server and are expected to be
downloaded from it as well. If the maven-metadata is updated properly
or not is something I need to check.

>> My question is, does anybody know how an updated version is located by
>> the version plugin? It seems to me that it doesn't just look at all
>> versions for an artifact and then uses the largest number.
>
> I assume Stephen C. will give us an authoritative reply soon.

I am hooping for an answer from Stephen.

> Otherwise you can check the plugin source code pretty easily since it
> is open source.

Yes, and I will do that. But today I was unfortunately to tiered. And
could ask the list and see if somebody knew the answer right away.

Cheers
Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg