maven-users mailing list archives

From kashu <kashu.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to read new Folder data
Date Sun, 05 May 2013 15:31:13 GMT
My Bad Robert..

What do you mean by "the custom one when used to run by IDE(eclipse)"? :
This mean that I have added resources folder in my classpath through
eclipse (an IDE) .So when I try to run the story driver in eclipse via
Junit test, some how , the resources folder data is getting read by eclipse
. As I put changed FTL file in resources , when the report is getting
generated in target\jbehave\view , it's getting generated as a custom one
as I made changes in FTL file.
But when I try to do mvn test from command promt, the report is getting
generated in target\jbehave\view but again somehow maven could not read the
FTL file placed inside resources folder hence default report every time has
been getting generated...
I am placing my Entire POM structure for further reference...I am sorry as
length of mail now will increase beyond limit.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>com.proejct value .project value</groupId>
    <artifactId>project value</artifactId>
    <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <name>JBehave Stories</name>

    <properties>
        <jbehave.core.version>4.0-beta-3</jbehave.core.version>
        <jbehave.web.version>3.5.4</jbehave.web.version>
        <jbehave.site.version>3.1.1</jbehave.site.version>
        <selenium.version>2.31.0</selenium.version>
        <basedir>.</basedir>

<src.conf>src/main/java/com/CustomPackage/projectName/configuration</src.conf>
        <test.application></test.application>
        <test.environment>QA enviornment name</test.environment>
        <test.group>Smoke suite name</test.group>

    </properties>

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>StoryDriver</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <properties>

<embeddables>**/${test.application}StoryDriver.java</embeddables>
            </properties>
        </profile>

<embeddables>**/Stories.java</embeddables>
            </properties> </profile> -->
    </profiles>

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jbehave</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbehave-core</artifactId>
            <version>${jbehave.core.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
    <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.6</version>
</dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jbehave.web</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbehave-web-selenium</artifactId>
            <version>${jbehave.web.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jbehave</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbehave-core</artifactId>
            <version>${jbehave.core.version}</version>
            <classifier>resources</classifier>
            <type>zip</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jbehave.site</groupId>
            <artifactId>jbehave-site-resources</artifactId>
            <version>${jbehave.site.version}</version>
            <type>zip</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
            <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
            <version>${selenium.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>6.8</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/java</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/java</directory>

                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                        <includes>
          <include>**/*.ftl</include>
        </includes>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <version>2.1</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <source>1.5</source>
                        <target>1.5</target>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.jbehave</groupId>
                <artifactId>jbehave-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${jbehave.core.version}</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>unpack-view-resources</id>
                        <phase>process-resources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>unpack-view-resources</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                    <execution>
                        <id>embeddable-stories</id>
                        <phase>test</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <includes>
                                <include>${embeddables}</include>
                            </includes>
                            <excludes />

<ignoreFailureInStories>true</ignoreFailureInStories>
                            <ignoreFailureInView>false</ignoreFailureInView>
                            <threads>1</threads>
                            <storyTimeoutInSecs>3600</storyTimeoutInSecs>

<outputDirectory>${basedir}/test-output</outputDirectory>
                            <metaFilters>
                                <metaFilter>${meta.filter}</metaFilter>
                            </metaFilters>
                            <systemPropertyVariables>
                                <property>
                                    <name>java.awt.headless</name>
                                    <value>true</value>
                                </property>
                            </systemPropertyVariables>
                        </configuration>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run-stories-as-embeddables</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>

                </executions>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>1.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>validate</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>
                                <available

file="${src.conf}/configuration.auto.${test.environment}.properties"
                                    type="file" property="file.exists" />
                                <echo message="property
value:${file.exists}" />
                                <copy

file="${src.conf}/configuration.auto.${test.environment}.properties"

tofile="${src.conf}/configuration.auto.local.properties"
                                    overwrite="true" verbose="true" />
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>