maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.codehaus.mojo:versions-maven-plugin:2.0:update-properties
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 20:27:47 GMT
On 8 May 2013 20:28, Thomas Sundberg <tsu@kth.se> wrote:

> On 8 May 2013 21:13, Wayne Fay <waynefay@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It works well for artifacts in Nexus that was deployed from Maven.
> >> Unfortunately, we have some artifacts that consist of zip files and
> >> has been generated from an Ant build.
> >
> > I assume the plugin queries your MRM and looks at the versions in
> > maven-metadata.xml. How are the zip files being deployed to your MRM?
> > Or are they just installed locally in ~/.m2, or what?
> >

> The files are uploaded to the Nexus server and are expected to be
> downloaded from it as well. If the maven-metadata is updated properly
> or not is something I need to check.
>
> >> My question is, does anybody know how an updated version is located by
> >> the version plugin? It seems to me that it doesn't just look at all
> >> versions for an artifact and then uses the largest number.
> >
> > I assume Stephen C. will give us an authoritative reply soon.
>
> I am hooping for an answer from Stephen.

Looks at the versions in the metadata, and then looks at all the
dependencies that use that property and then looks for the highest common
version that is available for all those dependencies using the sorting rule
defined for the dependencies (behaviour is either undefined or throw an
error if the different dependencies have different sorting rules that
result in an effective different order... you'd need to check the code to
be sure)