maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Animal sniffer
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 17:10:21 GMT
Suppose you are writing something that uses one version of an API *but* you
need the newer version of the API on your classpath (e.g. so that when
deployed with that newer API the extended methods make sense) animal
sniffer allows you to catch the unintended usage of the newer API (intended
usage being marked with @IgnoreJRERequirement)

Most useful for the JRE runtime library, but could also be useful targeting
different versions of the servlet spec, etc.