maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mismatch by inherited dependencies
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 08:18:37 GMT
I think you are doing it wrong if you are adding <dependency> for plugins.
The xpath:/project/dependencies are about specifying the classpath
dependencies during different scopes. The
xpath:/project/build/plugins/plugin entries are about specifying what build
tools to use when building the artifact... such build tools are not passed
to dependent projects.

I am 99.99999999999% certain that you have made a mistake adding
maven-javadoc-plugin as a dependency