maven-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>
Subject Include *.class and *.java files with shade plugin
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 22:27:34 GMT
I am using Maven 3.0.5.

I'm attempting to use maven-shade-plugin to merge the *.class and *.java
files from an artifact in my repository into a single jar, along with some
resource files in the current project. However while the resource and
*.class files are in the new artifact's jar, the *.java files aren't there.
The dependency has both a *.jar and a *-sources.jar are in the repository.

The dependency looks like:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.mycorp.database</groupId>
      <artifactId>thedb</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
    </dependency>

As I said, both thedb-VER.jar and thedb-VER-sources.jar exist.

My plugin looks like this:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>shade</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <includeSources>true</includeSources>
              <filters>
                <filter>
                  <artifact>com.mycorp.database:thedb</artifact>
                  <includes>
                    <include>**/*.java</include>
                    <include>**/*.class</include>
                  </includes>
                  <excludes>
                    <exclude>META-INF/*</exclude>
                  </excludes>
                </filter>
              </filters>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

How to I get the source files in my new artifact's jar (call it
thedb-new-VER.jar).

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v, 121-24)