maven-users mailing list archives

From Dan Rollo <danro...@gmail.com>
Subject Missing parent link in site, was Re: Error resolving parent pom (descriptor?) with site plugin
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 02:24:10 GMT
Well, I never saw a response to this, and finally got tired of the
missing 'parent' links in maven generated sites.

At some point, it appears the maven-site-plugin stopped using the parent
projects URL, and instead looks for the parent projects
distributionManagement -> site -> url to determine if the parent project
is reachable during site generation.

So...to answer my own question: My workaround was to define a
distMgt->site-url tag in the parent pom.

Due to the way m-s-p tries to inherit the parent value of this URL and
then append it's own artifactId (which works if your parent is located
above you - was more viable in a svn world, not so true in a git world
anymore), I also have to re-define the distMgt->site->url again in each
of my child poms to ensure the child site's value is correct.

Hope this might help anyone else who is wondering how to fix the message:
[WARNING] Unable to find a URL to the parent project. The parent menu
will NOT be added.

(My original post was about a build problem, but the missing parent link
was also annoying...)

Dan