maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven-release-plugin AND IBM RTC build engine...
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 22:56:50 GMT
OK, now I see. Well you have gone further than I have with Jazz. I hope
you find a suitable solution as I would like to use Jazz again someday.

While it is a lot of work, I might suggest setting up your own Jazz
environment to experiment with, perhaps in a virtual machine. I have
done the complete Jazz install myself, but it is a lot of work. It may
have improved since then.

Cheers, Eric

On 2013-05-03 2:31 PM, Zanzerkia, Robert wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> 	I am using Jazz SCM.
> 	It's even more painful as I don't have direct access to the build server (I have to
go through support to even do simple experiments).

> 	If you see my later emails it's been narrowed down to scm status command on the build
server.
> 	Nothing to do with the release-plugin itself.
> Thanks,
> Robert

maven, release-plugin and "Jazz build engine"
>> 	I re-ran the RTC build with -X switch in maven to get detailed log so we can compare
against release.log (one from my laptop).
>>     Thanks,
>> Robert
>> PS: I have attached  RTC_JAZZ-Build.log from build server.
>>
>> Working release.log
>> [DEBUG] repositoryWorkspace - EI_9.05_Release_Snapshot
>> [DEBUG] Executing status command...
>> [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm status --username a408072 --password ***** --wide"
>> [INFO] Working directory: C:\Documents and Settings\a408072.DMN1\workspace301-EI-9.05_Rel\EI
AS-ITAM uCMDB Pattern DEV
>> [DEBUG] Consumed line :Workspace: (1189) "EI_9.05_Release_Snapshot" <-> (1001)
"EI AS-ITAM uCMDB 9.02 EI Stream"

>> NOT working RTC build lines.
>> [DEBUG] repositoryWorkspace - srvrtcbuild-EI-AS-ITAM-PatternDEV-DEV_Release_WS
>> [DEBUG] Executing status command...
>> [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm status --username srvrtcbuild --password *****
--wide"
>> [INFO] Working directory: D:\RTCBuildWorkspace\EI-ITAMTEST\uCMDBPackages
>> [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: Problem running 'status':
>> [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: Current directory is not shared. Run from a shared
directory.
>> [ERROR] Error: Problem running 'status':
>> Current directory is not shared. Run from a shared directory.

but on the RTC build engine it gives below error.

>> We have defined
>> -DworkingDirectory = D:\temp\Maven (for the plugin working directory).
>> repository local directory = <localRepository>D:\data\mavenrepo\ei_itam_discovery</localRepository>
>> RTC load directory: load directory = ${BUILDWORKSPACE}\EI-Discovery2
>>

>> [INFO] --- maven-release-plugin:2.4.1:prepare (default-cli) @ uCMDB-PatternDev ---
>> [INFO] Verifying that there are no local modifications...
>> [INFO]   ignoring changes on: **\pom.xml.tag, **\pom.xml.branch, **\pom.xml.releaseBackup,
**\pom.xml.backup, **\release.properties, **\pom.xml.next
>> [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm status --username srvrtcbuild --password *****
--wide"
>> [INFO] Working directory: D:\RTCBuildWorkspace\EI-Discovery2\EI AS-ITAM uCMDB Pattern
DEV