maven-users mailing list archives

From tedhohio <tedho...@gmail.com>
Subject Another Maven 1 to 2 upgrade issue.
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 15:14:11 GMT
I 'inherited' responsibility for an application that has several jars
compiled in Maven 1.  The main application itself is using Maven 2.  While I
want to upgrade everything, my client hasn't yet given me time to do that
sort of work between minor fixes and adding capability - I know, a common
complaint.

So I upgraded one of the supporting jars to Maven 2 and it seemed to work
OK, until I integrated it into the main app.  Suddenly the main app is using
dependencies from the supporting jar and several of its dependencies are
using older jars (ehcache .07 vs 1.2 and so on).  While upgrading the
supporting jar to the newer dependencies seems to fix the problem, I have a
long road of testing to make sure the upgrade doesn't break anything in the
functionality.  Time is, of course, the immediate issue.

My question is there a way of compiling the supporting jar or the main app
dependency so the main app won't use an older dependency.  For example the
maven 1 compiled jar shows no dependencies when looking at the dependency
hierarchy in the main app.  Yet once I point the main app POM to the newly
compiled supporting jar, it's dependency hierarchy is loaded with the older
jars and I have a long list of errors.  Any ideas?

Hope it's making sense,
    Ted