maven-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kahn <citizenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sonatype Nexus and Read - Error transferring file: Read timed out
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 20:10:14 GMT
Alas, my problem is an intermittent one not a consistent one.  Sorry,
should have mentioned that.   My build plans routinely scrape their local
repos to make sure builds are clean and not succeeding artificially.
Every 6 builds or so hits this problem.    My current plan is to move from
maven 3.0.3 to 3.0.5 as the wagon changed with different defaults for
timeouts.

However,  I feel like I should be able to artificially induce this problem
by adding server settings to my pom/settings files.  However,  I don't
understand the relationship between server / repository and settings.  Nor
do I see anything about wagon timeouts in my effective-pom or debug output
(mvn -X ...).   So, I don't know if I am having any impact when I foolishly
try to set timeouts to one millisecond.

I'd expect that settings for server with ids matching repositories force
maven to use those settings when it gets and puts artifacts.  Since I use a
mirror, I'd expect those settings to get transferred to the mirror as
well.

Peter