maven-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kahn <citizenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Sonatype Nexus and Read - Error transferring file: Read timed out
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 16:25:46 GMT
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to control the timeout settings for a mirror in the
maven settings file or in the dependency plugin? I see that I can modify
timeout settings for a server but not a repository or a mirror.  I assume
there's a relationship between them but I'm unsure of how to get maven to
report about (effective-pom and -X doesn't seem to list server setting
information on dependency:resolve)

Since upgrading nexus oss from 1.8.0 to 2.3x and moving to a VM I'm seeing
problems with timeouts and nothing useful in the nexus debug log alas. I
figure I have two options: improve nexus server performance or configure
maven settings to wait longer for artifacts.

I don't see much to do with my server so I'm looking into the maven side.

*maven error*

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:deploy
(default-deploy) on project foo:

from/to snapshots (http://mycorp.com/nexus/content/repositories

/snapshots): Error transferring file: Read timed out -> [Help 1]

Please let me know if you know to configure maven's wagon etc to relax its
timeout.

Thanks

Peter

--