maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Can I force a plugin to not run during parent pom execution phase?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 19:29:06 GMT
At first sight, I'd say this is a use case for pluginManagement.
You'd need to add the configuration you show above inside the
<pluginManagement> part in your parent pom.

Then, in each child module where you want to execute maven-antrun-plugin
based on that config, you just put:
<build>
 <plugins>
  <plugin>
  </plugin>
 </plugins>
</build>

Anything you put inside the pluginManagement part in your parent pom will
get inherited here when used, but actually not executed for the parent pom
(unless you also it inside the build/plugins part, obviously).

Another convoluted way could have been to tweak this based on a profile
activation declared in the parent, and only activated in the children, but
it doesn't seem possible:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1504850/maven-activate-child-profile-based-on-property

-- Cheers