maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: antrun plugin dependency
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:02:53 GMT
> I have a multimodule project which uses the antrun plugin and uses some
> fancy taskdefs so I added ant-contrib as a dependency to the plugin.
>
> For most projects this configuration works fine, however sometimes it fails
> with classpath problems. It looks like Maven simply doesn't make the
> dependency available in the classpath.
In sufficiently old versions of Maven, the dependency list of the
"first" (seen) declaration of a plugin would "win" and be maintained
across all invocations of that plugin. So if only one Antrun plugin
declaration needs ant-contrib but it is seen after another Antrun
plugin declaration that did not depend on ant-contrib, then
ant-contrib would not be included in the classpath when it was needed
later.

I'm unsure when exactly this was fixed, but know it works in M3.

The easiest "fix" would be to add ant-contrib to the dependency list
for all antrun plugin invocations in your projects -or- simply move to
M3.

Wayne