maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with ManifestResourceTransformer and string length limit for main class
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:09:44 GMT
> I've added a maven-shade-plugin for the infamous Spring issues when creating
> an uber jar.  Anyway in my ManifestResourceTransformer I specify my

Which "infamous" Spring issues are you talking about?

> jar, I get a class not found issue.  When I expand the jar file that Maven
> created and opened the Manifest.MF file, the class name for Main-Class was
> placed in two lines.  This is what it looks like:
> Main-Class: com.albeingters.buslogics.variablespeedcontroller.BusVSGat

Read the manifest spec again. [1] The line split is legal and
required. The executing JRE should handle it just fine. If it is not,
that is a bug in your JRE.

Wayne

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jar/jar.html#Notes_on_Manifest_and_Signature_Files
Notes on Manifest and Signature Files
Following is a list of additional restrictions and rules that apply to
manifest and signature files.
Line length:
No line may be longer than 72 bytes (not characters), in its
UTF8-encoded form. If a value would make the initial line longer than
this, it should be continued on extra lines (each starting with a
single SPACE).