maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:25:35 GMT
Uh, oh.

mvn eclipse:eclipse is the wrong answer, probably.

There are two ways to integrate Maven and eclipse. The older way is to
run mvn eclipse:eclipse to create Eclipse metadata, and then you
import into Eclipse as you would open any existing Eclipse project.
This has a number of limitations and is no longer actively maintained.

The newer way is to use the Eclipse command to import an existing
Maven project. This has a different set of problems, but is under
active development, and is what you will see described in current
Eclipse documentation. This is called 'm2e'.

These days, I think that most people are happier with m2e, which has
its own mailing lists to consult if you do have problems.