maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I force a plugin to not run during parent pom execution phase?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 23:32:04 GMT
On 3 April 2013 23:39, Wayne Fay <waynefay@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO the right way of doing this is to use pluginManagement and add 1-2
> lines referring to this plugin in the various children poms where the
> plugin should be executed. This also satisfies the "least surprise"
> test.

It is better to "positively" configure where this is needed, rather than
"negatively" disable it because of over-specifying the plugin.
The main reason being that at some point in the future you will add a new
module that does something completely different and you will need to add a
negative thing as well.
It just doesn't make sense to do this.

Just add it where it is needed.