maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Mavenize a java project, need to include legacy jar files
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:15:06 GMT
Hi Laurel,

> If anyone can get past the not-so-good practice and tell me if there
> is a way to include the jars even though it is dirty, I would
> appreciate it. I won't tell anyone else (unless they ask).

The article Stephen linked [1] indeed goes into great detail about several
ways to do that.

I recommend creating a POM for each of your JARs and deploying them to your
own internal Maven repository (e.g., a Nexus or Artifactory installation).
If you can't do that for some reason, then use Stephen's new
non-maven-jar-maven-plugin [2], which does exactly what you are asking for.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. Including the JARs as resources won't put them on the build path, but
will only mark them as files for inclusion in the final artifact of your
project. This will give you e.g. JARs within a JAR, which I am guessing is
not what you want.

[1]
http://developer-blog.cloudbees.com/2013/03/playing-trade-offs-with-maven.html
[2] https://github.com/stephenc/non-maven-jar-maven-plugin