maven-users mailing list archives

From Eugen Paraschiv <hanrisel...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing local dependency with the maven-install-plugin before the build
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 08:53:53 GMT
Hi,
I am having a problem with the following scenario - I'm attempting to use
the *maven-install-plugin* to install a jar in my local repository. I am
binding the *install-file* goal to the *validate* phase (very early on), so
that the jar would be installed before anything else, and so that the build
process will have it available.
However, that doesn't seem to work as expected - the dependency I'm trying
to install is for some reason required even earlier, and so I get:
*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project my-project: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org:my-project:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact org:new-dep:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT in jboss-public-repository-group (
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/central/) -> [Help
1]*
With debug mode on - it looks like the default plugins are executed, and
the first thing they require is the full dependency tree to be OK:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project launchpad-touchdata-api: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org:launchpad-touchdata-api:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT: The repository system is
offline but the artifact org:launchpad-security-api:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT is
not available in the local repository. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal on project launchpad-touchdata-api: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org:launchpad-touchdata-api:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT: The repository
system is offline but the artifact
org:launchpad-security-api:jar:0.16-SNAPSHOT is not available in the local
repository.
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:210)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:117)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:258)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:201)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
    at
    at
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)

Is that correct? If so, is there no way to use maven-install-plugin to
install the local dependency before the build will actually require the
dependency?
I will mention that, if the jar is installed like this, but it's not
required by this project directly as a dependency - it gets installed just
fine.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Eugen.