maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: project submodules
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:39:21 GMT
Peter

you can implement a parent pom.xml
http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/multimodule-web-spring-sect-simple-parent.htmldeploy
the module to local-repository or local-nexus-repository
and then setup child modules which inherit the common characteristics of the parent pom.xml
http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/multimodule-web-spring-sect-simple-model-project.html
deploy the module to local-repository or local_nexus-repository

you will be able to reference either artifact simply include it in as a dependency e.g.

pom.xml
<dependencies> <dependency>
   <groupId>the.group.name</groupId>
  <artifactId>artifactNameYouProvidedInOriginalPom</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</dependencies>

<dependency> provides the invoking pom sufficient information to track and then pull
the referenced artifact

Does this answer your requirement?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Martin______________________________________________
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

 > From: peter.robinson@charite.de
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 10:51:34 +0200
> Subject: project submodules
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have not been able to find an answer to the following question. I would like to set
up a multi-module maven project roughly similar to

> http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/public-book.html  (Chapter 6).
>

> One project is a java library (a jar file that is intended to be used by Java applications)
> The second project is a Java application that uses the jar file created by the first
project.

> How is this best done?
>
> thanks Peter
>

> Dr. med. Peter N. Robinson, MSc.
> Professor of Medical Genomics
> Institut für Medizinische Genetik und Humangenetik
> Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
> Augustenburger Platz 1
> 13353 Berlin
> Germany
> +4930 450566006
> Mobile: 0160 93769872
> peter.robinson@charite.de
> http://compbio.charite.de
> http://www.human-phenotype-ontology.org
> Introduction to Bio-Ontologies: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439836651
>
> To give your data to the bioinformatician after the experiment is done may be no more
than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment
died of.