maven-users mailing list archives

From Hossein Miri <hm...@me.com>
Subject Re: maven
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:56:55 GMT
Thank you . .

I did the first two things, by moving to the folder that contains the pom.xml file
and then running the following two commands in the Terminal:

 mvn clean install
 mvn eclipse:eclipse

What do you mean by your last sentence?
and then import maven project from eclipse.

Do you mean in the Eclipse Juno IDE?

When I go to Eclipse , Help , Install New Software and look at What is already installed
it shows that m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse is already installed.

Is that what you mean?
Hossein

hi Hossein, first, go to the folder project, where is pom.xml and execute mvn clean install,
that sentences clean, compile and deploy the project into repository. Second, execute mvn
eclipse:eclipse
and then import maven project from eclipse.

Let us know how about was.

regards

Alonso Isidoro Roman.

Hi everyone,

I have a folder that contains some Java code, written specifically for Linux.
There is a pom.xml file and two folders called: src and build

I have installed Eclipse Juno on my Mac (10.7.5) and I understand
it already has Maven included. On the Linux machine, the code is
executed by entering mvn package at the command line.

But after this stage, it doesn't run on my Mac, because some of the
commands are specific to Linux (I am told). How do I import the
whole project into Maven on my Mac? I mean where do I copy
the folders and pom file?

p.s. I am only just beginning to learn Java programming using the
      Eclipse IDE and my installation details are in the image attached...

Thank you,