maven-users mailing list archives

From Tim Wu T <tim.t...@ericsson.com>
Subject How to curtomize the maven release plugin upload jars?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 03:23:25 GMT
Hi there,

We met an issue recently and maybe you could provide some help for me.

We have project name "A", and we have a branch called branchA except the mater branch for
this project.

In sometimes, we also want to release the branchA, but it will cause the confusion when it
was upload the nexus, because the branch and the master share the same groupId and artifactId.

Just curious how you solve this type of issue?

Solution 1: Use the different artifactId will be easiest way.

Solution 2: Update the pom.xml maven jar plugin to make it build a jar like this: A-branchA.jar.
Later, when the release process finished, this jar will also be uploaded.

But I cannot prevent the A.jar upload, any advice?

Great thanks for your help.

Br,
Tim