maven-users mailing list archives

From Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: [ANN] Maven Compiler Plugin 3.1 Released
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 07:17:43 GMT
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:38:17 -0500, /Wayne Fay/:

>> I'm not sure it could be a clue but it happens for some (I haven't
>> verified all) WAR modules.
>
> What code are you compiling in a WAR module? Best practice says to move the
> Java code to a Jar module. Are you precompiling jsps with jspc or ...?

No JSPs or the like.  It's a WAR module with JAX-RS classes
implementing REST services.  If we move the Java code to a JAR
module, the WAR would become pretty much hollow.  I don't think I
like having extra modules, as a workaround.  We already have some of
the Java code (the client interfaces) in a JAR which is meant for
inclusion elsewhere, besides the WAR.

> Is this a project you can share via Github? Or can you make a sample that
> (consistently) exhibits the behavior, and share just that part?

Unfortunately I can't share the code, but I'll try to make a minimal
sample which consistently exhibits the behavior.

--
Stanimir