maven-users mailing list archives

From Wolf Geldmacher <wolf.geldmac...@abacus.ch>
Subject Re: Maven 3.0.5: site plugin or documentation broken?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:23:25 GMT
Hi Hervé,

On 10.04.2013 02:41, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> 1. warning if you don't define plugin version
> you can believe Maven 3 doc, version is taken from pluginManagement: coded
> here [1]
> But I must confess I never tried with CLI, since we use to continue defining
> plugin version directly to keep Maven 2.x compatibility
> I just tried and confirm this warning happens, but it is wrong: please open a
> Jira issue
Done. Jira MSITE-685
> 2. report inheritence
> I just tried the corresponding "inheritedReports" IT from m-site-p, which I
> had to skip with Maven 3 in MSITE-595 [2] /r1148517 [3]
>
> and you're right: now, m-site-p with Maven 3 seems to behave like Maven 2,
> then the doc is now wrong
> I don't know when/how it has changed: m-site-p or Maven?
>
> Please open another Jira issue
Done. Jira MSITE-686

I'd like to see the Jira as a report against the code and not against
the documentation, because IMHO the documented behaviour is what I would
expect it to be (otherwise there is no way to ever shrink the list in
derived POMs), although it would then be incompatible to the behaviour
in Maven 2.
> BTW, thanks for these precise reports: this really helps us keep Maven as good
> as possible
Thank *you* for the support!
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>

> [1] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-reporting-
> exec/apidocs/org/apache/maven/reporting/exec/DefaultMavenReportExecutor.html#getPluginVersion(org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.ReportPlugin,
> org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.RepositoryRequest,
> org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.MavenReportExecutorRequest)
>
> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-595
>
> [3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1148517
Cheers,
Wolf