maven-users mailing list archives

From spoots <spootsy.oo...@gmail.com>
Subject Building selected projects with nested aggregators
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 04:45:01 GMT
Hi,

I've got a project structure where I have an aggregator project and all of
it's modules are also aggregator projects (i.e. projects that exist just to
specify sub-modules). Picture something like what's shown in the "POM best
practices" section of the Maven reference:
<http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753572/pom_real_multi.png>

Now pretend that project "streaming-client" has a dependency on project
"client-web". If I do a build of "big-system", Maven will put "client-web"
ahead of "streaming-client" in the reactor order which is dandy - it seems
to walk the whole project tree and resolve the dependencies just fine.

But how can I specify, from the top level, to build "client-web" and all
it's dependents if I change just that one project? Using the "-pl" option
from within "big-system" seems to only recognise project names that are
directly included in that reactor (e.g. "server-side" and "client-side"). Is
there some kind of qualifier that lets me specify a project which is nested
within another aggregator project?

Thanks,
Keith