maven-users mailing list archives

From "laurelkhall@gmail.com" <laurelkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Mavenize a java project, need to include legacy jar files
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:42:06 GMT
I inherited an old java project that required a minor update. The project did
not use Maven and I am trying to mavenize it. It had three jar files that
were customized specifically for the application which are preventing the
project from being built outside of my development environment.

It builds in my local dev environment because I added the jar files to my
local Maven repository.  Now, when I deploy the project in QA environment,
the jars are not in the central repository and the build fails. I have an
issue with putting these jars into the central Maven repository. They were
customized for the project and not reusable for any other project (though
still in production).

My thought was to use "<include>" - as in a native library, but I can't get
it to work. Is there something else I need to do? I put these jars in
src/main/resources/native directory and they are part of the target.

I'm guessing this is not a good practice, however, there were a lot of bad
practices that I have eliminated already and at this point, I just need to
find a reasonable solution that isn't too horribly bad.

Am I missing something below?

  <build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>false</filtering>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resource/native</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>*.jar</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>
    </resources>
</build>

Is there anyone who could help with this?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/recommendations!

-----
Co-founder, Swyzzle.com