maven-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No mojo definitions were found for plugin
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:30:27 GMT
On 11 Mar 2013, at 21:28, Thomas Koch wrote:

> Stuart McCulloch:
>> Perhaps you could post a link to your re-packaging build so people can
>> recreate the issue? There's not enough information here to debug the
>> problem remotely.
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/maven-plugin-
> tools.git;a=tree;hb=refs/heads/update_to_3.2
>
> The build works as follow:
>
> - build all modules without maven, with some debian specific ant magic

Unfortunately I don't have a debian system to hand - and despite spending this evening unpacking
various deb files I'm unable to get enough of this 'magic' to work to recreate the issue.
Far too many hard-coded references to "/usr/share/java/..." in various build files, including
some patched class files. If you could provide a tarball of all the packages needed to build
so that I could just unpack locally on a non-debian system (without requiring it to be located
under "/usr") and invoke a few commands to recreate the issue then that would help immensely.

Since you presumably have a working build for 2.8, I suggest you compare the differences to
check what has changed and what might affect the results. Plexus components are found by scanning
the runtime classpath for META-INF/plexus/components.xml files, so make sure that you have
the various extractor jars on your classpath and those jars have META-INF/plexus/components.xml
files that describe their extractors. Also unpack and compare the contents of your patched
jars with the ones from Maven which work.