maven-users mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merge-maven-repos problems with maven-metadata.xml
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:43:23 GMT
So far what I hear is the merge is doing the right thing, however, we
still need to reindexing repo manager to pickup metadata changes.

if not so,  we need more details about how exactly metadata must be
after the merge without the need to run the reindex

-D

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Jim McCaskey
<jim.mccaskey@pervasive.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Your probably right Dan.  I did take a quick walk through the code and it looked like
the wagon-maven-plugin just calls a .merge on the maven-metadata.xml files from some other
package.  I felt there be dragons, so came up with another "solution".

> Thanks to Alejandro for the idea of just triggering something on the server.  I wanted
to be a bit more tactical though.  I was able to rebuild just the Metadata (which is all my
builds need to keep going during the day) by doing this:

> curl --user <uid>:<pwd> -X DELETE --insecure https://repoUrl/nexus/service/local/metadata/repositories/repoName/content/path/to/artifact
>
> That takes seconds to accomplish instead of a few minutes as that was tripping up my
Jenkins server.  It does put and extra burden on me to correctly identify which artifacts
need to be rebuilt, but I figure a little scripting can accomplish that. We rebuild the indexes
every night, which is "good enough" for what we need.  I basically followed the REST documentation
on my server.  I found the docs here as well: