maven-users mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merge-maven-repos problems with maven-metadata.xml
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:10:16 GMT
You need to reindex for both cases any way since the repository is not
aware of your changes.  Without reindexing, it may not serve your new
artifact.

Just curious, why do you want to merge snaphot repo, why not just push
the artifact directly to your snapshot repos?

-D

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Jim McCaskey
<jim.mccaskey@pervasive.com> wrote:
> Ouch... Is that documented somewhere?  I checked the bug tracker and uncle Google and
couldn't find anything regarding that.  I went ahead and opened an issue in Jira:

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1913
>
> I wonder what would be quicker.  Finding a hack around or fixing the module. :) It would
probably be easy to fire off a Nexus reindex of the effected artifacts which would "fix" the
problem for me.

> -Jim

to protect the innocent).  What you will notice is that the <snapshot> timestamp and
the <snapshotVersions> do not match. I don't think that it's a Nexus repo issue.   Perhaps
a bug in merge-maven-repos.

>> I build the components to an empty directory using the altDeploymentRepository property:
>>
>> -DaltDeploymentRepository=repo::default::file://E:\builddir\staging-repo deploy
>>
>> I then publish this component to Nexus using this (using Maven 3.0.4):
>>
>> org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-4:merge-maven-repos
>>
>> This seems to work just fine for my non-SNAPSHOT builds.  But the CI builds seem
to get their maven-metadata.xml file messed up every time those SNAPSHOT builds run.  This
took a while to track down because I run "Update Repositories Index" every night and Nexus
fixes the maven-metadata.xml.  And this is a very long build.

>> FWIW, this is a shim between legacy code and our newer, all Maven build code.  As
you can tell we just zip that mess up and use it whole sale in downstream builds.

>> Any thoughts on how I can fix this?  Perhaps it's just a bug in wagon:merge-maven-repos?
>>
>> -Jim
>>

>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <metadata modelVersion="1.1.0">
>>   <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>MyArtifact</artifactId>
>>   <version>10.2.6-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>   <versioning>
>>     <snapshot>
>>       <timestamp>20130313.165705</timestamp>
>>       <buildNumber>1</buildNumber>
>>     </snapshot>
>>     <lastUpdated>20130313165705</lastUpdated>
>>     <snapshotVersions>
>>       <snapshotVersion>
>>         <classifier>MyClassifier</classifier>
>>         <extension>zip</extension>
>>         <value>10.2.6-20130311.175410-1</value>
>>         <updated>20130311175410</updated>
>>       </snapshotVersion>
>>       <snapshotVersion>
>>         <extension>pom</extension>
>>         <value>10.2.6-20130311.175410-1</value>
>>         <updated>20130311175410</updated>
>>       </snapshotVersion>
>>     </snapshotVersions>
>>   </versioning>
>> </metadata>
>>
>> NOTICE: All information in and attached to this email may be proprietary, confidential,
privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the
sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy,
forward, or disseminate this message.