maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:57:23 GMT
Le 7 mars 2013 10:02, "Jörg Schaible" <Joerg.Schaible@scalaris.com> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
> > Am 07.03.2013 05:51, schrieb Matthew Adams:
> >> Quick jist:
> >> 1. Use maven-install-plugin's
> >> install-file<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-
> plugin/install-file-mojo.html>goal
> >> to make maven artifacts out of the jars you intend to unpack, and do
> >> it in any phase prior to process-classes (or do this first in the
> >> process-classes phase).
> >
> > The overall organisational project structure does not allow any central
> > servers beyond the SCM.
> > It would also be silly to redundantly store a perfectly stable jar in a
> > Maven repo just to make Maven happy.
>
> But that's the point: Maven is all about conventions. It will not help
you a
> lot in other regards - on purpose. If you don't want to follow this
> conventions, it is probably no the right tool for your job.

+1.
I'm having a hard time understanding why you keep being unwilling to use
Maven conventions but keep using it at the same time.

Maven is the opinionated build tool. Using its conventions is almost
compulsory. Maven is all about conventions and making build standard across
projects.

If you want full scripting features and design the build the exact way you
want, then have a look at gradle. Or ant+ivy might make you happy.

Cheers