maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 05:33:31 GMT
> I was not thinking of adding to Maven, rather I was soliciting insight
> from the Maven community because I value their inventiveness.
>
> I am half way toying with the idea of building something myself, but
> first I want to make sure I am not reinventing the wheel.

Sounds like you have some good ideas. I'd check to make sure Puppet
and Chef don't have some recipes you could build on top of to help you
down this path before doing any building from scratch. We use puppet @
work pretty extensively but mostly on the sysadmin side and less on
the middleware/apps side - we are not a devops shop.

Wayne