maven-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Fornari <stefano.forn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release plugin & git repo with multiple projects
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:24:11 GMT
Hi All,
reverting this topic on a more recent version, Maven 3.0.5... I have a
project built of two submodules:

beanshellweb
 + beanshelweb (lib)
 + beanshelweb (webapp)

They are under a unique git repository
https://github.com/stefanofornari/beanshellweb

When I run release:prepare, I think maven rightly asks me for one tag only:

What is the release version for "BeanShellWeb (lib)"?
(ste.web:beanshellweb-lib) 1.2: : 1.1.1
What is the release version for "BeanShellWeb (webapp)"?
(ste.web:beanshellweb-webapp) 1.2: : 1.1.1
What is the release version for "BeanShellWeb"? (ste.web:beanshellweb) 1.2:
: 1.1.1
What is SCM release tag or label for "BeanShellWeb"? (ste.web:beanshellweb)
beanshellweb-1.1.1: :
What is the new development version for "BeanShellWeb (lib)"?
(ste.web:beanshellweb-lib) 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT: : 1.2-SNAPSHOT
What is the new development version for "BeanShellWeb (webapp)"?
(ste.web:beanshellweb-webapp) 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT: : 1.2-SNAPSHOT
What is the new development version for "BeanShellWeb"?
(ste.web:beanshellweb) 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT: : 1.2-SNAPSHOT

But then it fails trying to create the tag. The failing command is:

Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/ste/Projects && git tag -F
/tmp/maven-scm-1273059077.commit beanshellweb-1.1.1

It seems to me it is just failing CDing in the wrong directory
(/home/ste/Projects instead of /home/ste/Projects/beanshellweb).

Any hints? Do I really need to have one repository per module? But in that
case, can I have nested git repositories?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ste