maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-compiler-plugin, fork, and Windows classpath length
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:51:21 GMT
I am using maven-compiler-plugin version 3.0.  We use fork=true.

We are seeing (I am pretty certain; haven't sorted through the boatloads of
-X output yet) that the classpath being supplied to the
maven-compiler-plugin is too long for Windows.  (We're getting some weird
errors out of the underlying compiler, then when we shorten the root path
where we have the project the errors go away.)

I didn't see any way to have Maven supply the classpath to the
maven-compiler-plugin as a file, or any other way to bypass the Windows
path length limitation.

Is this a known issue?  I also didn't see it when I did a "classpath"
search in Jira under the MCOMPILER project, but there were lots of entries
so I might have missed it.

Thanks,
Best,
Laird