maven-users mailing list archives

From Doug Douglass <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 14:07:27 GMT
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Joachim Durchholz <jo@durchholz.org> wrote:

> Matthew mentioned install-file, but I already explained why a Maven repo
> is not an option.

Just a point of clarification, install-file installs artifacts into a
machines local repository cache, and in no way requires an MRM. I think
Matthew was suggesting to use install-file specifically because you are not
using an MRM.

Unfortunately, the local repository cache is often referred to simply as a
repository and this frequently causes confusion. Perhaps we (the maven
community) should refer to the local repository cache by a different name
e.g. artifact cache.

Cheers