maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:26:37 GMT
On 15 March 2013 12:14, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
> How do you write documentation for something that you have never used and
> have no idea what the options are?
>
> I have worked on documentation for some projects but I can only go so far
> without the active involvement of the author.
> The biggest thing that I can bring is my ignorance which makes me read what
> is there and ask good questions about WTF does it mean and what needs to be
> said so that someone who did not write it can use it.
> It does require access to someone who can answer those questions.

The same way I started.

Google, User List archives - a lot of the information is already
present, its just not in the documentation.

You can then download the source code and read it to reverse engineer
the problem.

You can attempt to find other projects using that plugin and the
option you think is the one you want and study what they are doing.

Eventually, if you are persistent, and you have solved your particular
problem it would make sense to write up your findings and get them
included in the documentation.
That way you benefit the next time you forget how to do something (I
know I have) and so does everyone else.