maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Changing groupID,artifactID of pom.xml using maven-properties-plugin
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:39:04 GMT
Hi Fayaz,

> I want to create a pom.xml (a general template) such that all the
> configurable parameters can be picked up from a .properties during the
> maven build .

If you really need to code generate Maven projects in this way, perhaps you
would be better served doing it outside Maven itself. For example, you
could have a shell or Ant script that calls a templating engine such as
Velocity (Java) or Genshi (Python) to do the actual code generation. The
you can call Maven on your freshly generated multi-module build like usual.

Regards,
Curtis