maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are POMs of non-SNAPSHOT versions downloaded although already in local repo?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:28:00 GMT
Are these POMs that exist? If a POM does not exist (i.e. only the .jar is
in the remote repository) then Maven will keep trying to find that pom.

Are you using Maven 3.x and changing effective repository ids across
builds? Maven 3.x stores the repository that a file was downloaded from and
if requesting a specific GAVCT and the local repository cache has that
GAVCT downloaded from a different URI then Maven will re-download from the
URI that is in effect in your current build.

The first question will probably be the answer you are looking for. The
second will lead you on a rat-run of chasing down bad poms, so only go that
way if the first does not resolve your issue.

-Stephen