maven-users mailing list archives

From maven apache <apachemav...@gmail.com>
Subject effective practice for web application development using maven
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 07:24:32 GMT
Hi everyone:

I am using maven3 as my J2EE application build tool.

Now I meet some problem during my development --- I found it is so
inflexible to do the test or debug in the multiple modules.

For example, I have a parent maven project whose pom.xml is like this:

    <modules>
        <module>app-common</module>
        <module>app-webapp</module>
    </modules>

And the app-common/pom.xml:

<package>jar</package>

the app-webapp/pom.xml:

            <package>war</package>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
                <artifactId>app-common</artifactId>
                <version>${project.version}</version>
            </dependency>
    <build>
        <finalName>app</finalName>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <scanIntervalSeconds>10</scanIntervalSeconds>
                    <stopKey>foo</stopKey>
                    <stopPort>9999</stopPort>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

Now,the app-common project hold all the classed for the whole
application,and the app-webapp is responsible for the presentation.

As you can see I use the jetty to set up the web application.

However, each time I make some change inside the project app-common, the
jetty can not detect it which means that I have to run the "mvn install"
under the parent project,and restart the jetty to see the update. This is
too inflexible.

So I wonder how do you guys do this kind of development?