maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: mvn deploy - Passing username and password as arguments
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 00:24:11 GMT
if you have userProperties defined in child pom.xml
<properties>
         <username>Martin< /username>         <password>MartinsPassword</password>
 </properties>
you *can* override properties at command line e.g.mvn exec:exec -Dusername="guido" -password="GuidosPassword"
http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/usage.html usually properties are defined in the
   <username>Martin< /username>

more frequently properties are utilised to trigger a certain profile in profiles<profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>martin-profile</id>
            <properties>
                <username>Martin</username>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/resource-filtering-sect-properties.html
Buona Fortuna!
Martin
Per favore non alterare o perturbare questa trasmissione..Grazie

 > From: guido.martin.larrain@monsanto.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: mvn deploy - Passing username and password as arguments
> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 16:05:38 +0000
>
> Hi There;
>
> I'm newbie on Maven and I have a few questions about some particular options of the MVN
command.

> I wanna know if there is a way to send a userid and password as an argument when you
want to deploy an artifact into a repo.

> I really appreciate if you can help me with that. Thanks in advance!
>

> Guido Larrain
>
> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended
to be received only by persons entitled
> to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately. Please delete it and
> all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and
archival by Monsanto, including its
> subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the
presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
> Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any such code transmitted by or accompanying
> this e-mail or any attachment.
>

> The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and
regulations of the United States, potentially
> including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions
regulations issued by the U.S. Department of
> Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information
you are obligated to comply with all