maven-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Deployment
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:59:20 GMT
On 3 Mar 2013, at 03:56, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com> wrote:.

>> Modern OSes come with installation systems out the box, and operations people already
understand those existing systems, there needs to be a very compelling reason to deploy some
software using the platform's own deployment mechanism, and other software via a different
system.

> I wish this were so, but I can easily think of a half a dozen different ways software
gets installed or deployed on Windows. Some people use .msi files, other people use InstallAnywhere,
and there are all kinds of different mechanisms.

This isn't a problem that I can see, ideally maven should support all of them, but it is good
enough that maven should support just one.

Regards,
Graham