maven-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Whitford <anth...@whitford.com>
Subject Latest snapshot not downloaded
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:58:53 GMT

Since upgrading from Maven 2.2.1 to Maven 3.0.4, I have been running into the problem of the
latest snapshot not being downloaded despite having the updateAlways true.

It looks like I have the same issue as this:  http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/latest-snapshot-not-downloaded-td4652874.html
Note that I too am using Artifactory (2.2.2).
What I don't understand is that this link:  http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Local+Repositories
says that "Maven 3 Only Supports Unique Snapshots" -- Huh?  Is that true?
According to the pom model, we still have the uniqueVersions element -- and that is set to
false for my snapshot repo.

My Artifactory instance is being shared by both Maven 2 and Maven 3 projects.  I need a solution
that will support both Maven 2 and Maven 3 -- at least until all projects have a chance to
transition to Maven 3. And I'd prefer to keep the non-unique snapshot setting.

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks,

Anthony