maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject RE: maven-antrun-plugin in interactive mode
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:49:14 GMT
There is a kludge you could possibly use.  Of course I am feeding bad behaviors...  but what
the heck, its an official codehaus plugin - it would be wrong not to mention it.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/properties-maven-plugin/

have your ant task write to a file instead of exporting the property, then have this plugin
read it in.  You could repeat the plugin invocation in your child modules.

From: Stephen Connolly [stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:45 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven-antrun-plugin in interactive mode

Please read my answer to a similar question on stack overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14725197/reading-properties-file-from-pom-file-in-maven/14727072#14727072

When you use antrun to set properties, you are setting "Mojo injected
properties" to use the terminology of my answer. Such properties are only
available within the scope of the currently executing module and only after
the execution of the injecting mojo. Those properties are not available to
child modules. If you look at the reactor order in the build plan, you will
also probably see that the module you are executing this in is running
after the child modules, so even if you could "trick" maven to make this
available to the child modules, it would be too late in any case