maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <>
Subject Re: activeProfiles
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:59:16 GMT

On 2013-03-25 3:49 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
>> I have two development environments: work and personal.
>> I am trying to set up my projects so that the POM knows which profile to
>> activate, but it seems you cannot put <activeProfiles> in a POM, only in
>> a settings.xml file. Is there some reason for this?
>> Is there some other Maven way to do what I want to do? How do other
>> people separate work development from personal development?
> What's the problem with it? If you active a profile in the settings.xml, you
> can use this profile (i.e. a profile with same name) also in your POMs, you
> don't need an activation anymore.
> - Jörg
> For additional commands, e-mail:

What I wanted to do was uses the same settings.xml for work and personal
development. For example, I have to profiles

 1. nexus-kodak
 2. nexus-kolotyluk

The first uses the settings for our nexus server at Kodak, while the
second uses my personal nexus server. I wanted to be able to put

In the parent POM of my Kodak projects, and put

in the parent POM of my personal projects.

In the end I have been convinced that when working from home, to use a
separate Virtual Machine for all my work related development at home,
which creates a cleaner separation between work and home.

Cheers, Eric

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message