maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:44:54 GMT
Am 19.03.2013 22:20, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> On Tuesday, 19 March 2013, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>> Am 19.03.2013 12:13, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
>>
>>> Jo,
>>>
>>> Just for you, I have taken the 30 minutes out of my life and written a
>>> Maven Plugin that will solve your issues with those pesky non-maven
>>> dependencies.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/stephenc/non-maven-jar-maven-plugin
>>>

>> Sorry, but that bold text is a piece of both impudence and arrogance.
>>
>> I don't think we have anything to discuss with each other anymore.
>>

> Pity, you are missing out on the solution you seek.

The solution I seek does not lie with Maven.
Not anymore anyway; this was the last straw.

> I need to put that disclaimer on the project because I am on the Maven PMC
> and therefore, even though the project is hosted on my GitHub account as
> opposed to the ASF or the mojo project at codehaus it is necessary to let
> people who stumble upon the project be aware that it is *not the
> recommended solution*.

Obviously you think I'm a fool if you think I can't read the subtext in
the message.
And don't you worry, with that attempt to justify yourself for the
injustifiable you lost the last shred of respect you held in my eyes.
Just continue as you wish, you have nothing to lose.

You should really add this disclaimer:
BY PROMOTING "THE MAVEN WAY" YOU AGREE THAT YOU'RE UNWILLING AND/OR
UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENTS PEOPLE OUTSIDE YOUR SPHERE OF
EXPERIENCE MIGHT HAVE.
Irks you? Doesn't do justice to you? Applies a yardstick you're not
willing to accept as relevant?
Fine. Then you know what kind of message I just got.