maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:52:00 GMT
On 15/03/2013 3:48 AM, Anders Hammar wrote:
> Well, actually I think that people being new to a tool could be the
> best contributors. Those being experts (at least engineers) very often
> forget to explain some of the basics, which rookies really need
> explained. So if you don't understand, figure it out (ask questions
> etc) and then look at the text/docs again and add what's missing. If
> you don't do it, who will?

I don't mind contributing by editing stuff or writing wildly inaccurate
impressions about what something does but I will only do it in
conjunction with the author or someone who is working on the code and
will correct my errors and provide explanations where the function is
obscure or the arguments have mysterious names or are missing.

I am not going to reverse engineer something.
I simply do not have the time to read code in a chunk of software that,
for me, is only a tool.
I am also usually passing through.
Once I get it working for me, I may never return to the project.
We use hundreds of open source libraries and utilities.

Ron