maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 03:48:51 GMT
On 07/03/2013 6:53 PM, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 March 2013, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>> Am 07.03.2013 22:41, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
>>
>>> Crazy and stupid are not insults in this context...
>>>
>> So if I call Ron a clown, and when he's considering that an insult, I
>> explain to him that that's a very respectable thing to be?

I have a pretty thick skin and I would be somewhat comforted by the fact
that my Maven setup works smooth as silk.

We are only trying to help you and I have written a lot of text trying
to give you confidence that it can work for you by giving examples of
the kinds of projects that we build under Maven.

Stephen has given you the very best advice in great detail.

I am not sure what you expect us to say.
By your own experience, your approach doesn't work; you won't try to do
it the right way; you call people names who are trying to help you.

You may not have noticed but no one in the forum is jumping in to take
your side.

Ron

> People can take offence at the strangest of things.
>
> The biggest fallacy is the "do onto others as you would have them do onto
> you" mentality... It makes a lot of assumptions of others... And we all
> know when we assume we make an ass of u and me.
>
> If people want to take offence at something others say without malice, that
> us life, we try to learn from it and adapt our internal models... But
> sometimes it just doesn't fit.
>

>>   I think you are taking this thread far too personally
>> On the other hand, I don't think you're in a position to decide that.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine. Agree to
> differ and let's move on.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc