maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Unpacking jars into target/classes
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 03:37:11 GMT

I am not one of the experts, I am only a user of the software trying to
tell you how we use it and trying to assure you that it works.

I was just trying to point out to you in a light-hearted way that you
are getting the highest level of expertise available.

Everyone is being polite and respectful
You are getting advice and not abuse.
The fact that you do not like the advice and consider it abusive that
you keep getting told that your approach is fraught with problems, does
not make it abuse..

Ron

On 07/03/2013 4:24 PM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Am 07.03.2013 19:53, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
>> The trick is not to stop reading it but to stop doing it.
>
> Nope. The trick is to ignore abuse.
>
>> You are getting advice from one of principle architects and authors of
>> Maven.
>
> No advice, just evangelizing and allegations that I'm an idiot.
>
>> What would you consider to be "expert advice" that you should follow?
>> Bear in mind that God is busy this week appointing a Pope!
>
> So you're considering yourself Popes of the Church of Maven?
> And you're taking that as an excuse to insult intelligent people, and
> to place yourself above them?
>
> There is little polite I can say about that kind of stance.
> And it's really, really, really best to leave it at that. This post
> required several rewrites, with gritted teeth, just to keep it barely
> civil.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc