maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Maven Shade Plugin
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:08:52 GMT
Am 01.03.2013 07:17, schrieb Tim Kettler:
> That's not correct. The classifier is part of the artifact coordinates
> just like group, artifact(name) and version.

I knew. I just didn't want to contradict Stephen right away. Plus,
classifiers are usually assumed to identify auxiliary artifacts for a
main artifact, and I suspect it's going to create lots of configuration
overhead in some plugins.
Jörg promptly pointed out a problem that doesn't even involve plugins.

 > A POM can just as well
> depend on a secondary artifact:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>foo</groupId>
>      <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0</version>
>      <classifier>api</classifier>
>    </dependency>
 >
> The complete coordinates of an artifact are GAVTC: group,
> artifact(name), version, type (default is jar), classifier (default is
> empty).

Hm. Can I specify the type in a dependency as well?
Just curious, I certainly don't want to do that, but I might stumble
over artifacts configured that way.