maven-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kettler <tim.kett...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Maven Shade Plugin
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 06:17:15 GMT
Am 28.02.2013 19:47, schrieb Joachim Durchholz:
> Am 28.02.2013 16:24, schrieb Jan Engler:
>> At first: in fact this is only one artifact. The full jar contains all
>> classes of the dependecies, the api a reduced set (using filtern in the
>> shade plugin).
>
> Is there a (conceivable) Maven build that uses api.jar as a dependency?
> Then it must be the main artifact at its GAV (groupId/artifact/version)
> coordinate.
>
> Is there a (conceivable) Maven build that uses full.jar as a dependency?
> Then it must be the main artifact at its GAV coordinate.
>
> If both jars need to be main artifacts, they need to go to different GAV
> coordinates. Because the dependent projects that need either api.jar or
> full.jar have no way of specifying which of them they actually need, the
> dependency section in their poms can only specify the GAV coordinate.

That's not correct. The classifier is part of the artifact coordinates
just like group, artifact(name) and version. A POM can just as well
depend on a secondary artifact:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>foo</groupId>
     <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
     <version>1.0</version>
     <classifier>api</classifier>
   </dependency>

The complete coordinates of an artifact are GAVTC: group,
artifact(name), version, type (default is jar), classifier (default is
empty).